color: SOME SOLDIER'S MOM: Cruel and Inhuman Islamists

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Cruel and Inhuman Islamists

I know a lot of what I’m about to write/rant is not politically correct or may be considered insensitive to some and others will think it over the top in some respects. I don’t care. It’s my opinion, it's my blog and I’m allowed to rant and wail whenever I want. And I want. Don’t like it? Go away. WE STILL LIVE IN A FREE COUNTRY AND NO ONE IS MAKING YOU READ THIS.

I have been wrestling for days on whether to do a post on the horrific, mind-numbing murders of Pfc. Kristian Menchaca, and Pfc. Thomas L. Tucker. I was upset upon hearing that they were missing and possibly captured. I was quite riled when I heard some jerk on a television news show say that we needed to wait before we rushed to judgment on the terrorists that might have taken them to see whether the terrorists would live up to the principles of the Geneva Convention. I believe my response at the time was, “What f*ng world do you live in, a$$hat??!”

I was upset thinking about the families of these soldiers. I recalled my sorrow when Matt Maupin was taken. I recalled my own sense of panic in 2005 during my son’s deployment when I awoke to news stories that there were pictures on the web of what appeared to be a captured American soldier and then wondering all day (after we had heard from our son) what happened to the story and why it wasn’t being covered, only to discover that it had been a cruel hoax that the media had jumped all over without confirmation. I remember the anxiety of not hearing anything for hours after the Army called to say that our son had been wounded and I hurt for the families not even knowing where their sons were. I knew from experience that they were trying not to think the worst… to stop their imaginations from going to dark places. I knew that they were praying every minute and crying and worrying. It’s all that families can do under such dire circumstances.

I was overcome when I heard the news reports that they had discovered the bodies of these two fine young men and was inconsolable when the reports of the brutality surfaced. As a parent -- as a mother -- I was physically distressed at the thought of the suffering these men may have endured. I could not sleep thinking about them and their families… at the thoughts of their last moments on Earth. I imagined that they thought of their mothers, a wife, their families. As a parent and a wife I am not sure I would ever have another night’s sleep under the circumstances that these families must endure.

I've said it many times before: it is every parent's nightmare to know that their child is in pain and that they can not be there to help them. I am at a loss as to how you console the families of these murdered soldiers. Are there words yet written that could adequately express the depth of the pain and sorrow I feel for the loss of Thomas Tucker, Kristian Menchaca, and David Babineau? If they have been written, I have not found them.

My initial reaction after the news of Pfc. Menchaca and Pfc. Tucker’s atrocious (as in atrocity) deaths was "Get the f*krs." That’s still my response today.

As far as I’m concerned, being nice to the terrorists and trying to take “appropriate” actions according to whatever convention hasn't worked. I say let's have at 'em. I’m not in any way suggesting that we go after and punish innocents, but I say we take off the gloves and flex an iron fist. Let’s get real about this situation. Let’s do what must be done. There’s perhaps a lesson to be had in why the Romans staked the heads of the guilty and left the crucified to line the roads. Really. This American soldier's mom is ok with it today. And if our military aren’t permitted to deal with the GUILTY forthwith, I say, let’s step back and let the Iraqis do it. After all, these terrorists are the only reason we’re still in Iraq… the people responsible for the brutalizing, terrorizing and slaughter of innocent civilians, Iraqi soldiers and policemen, so they, too, have a vested interest in getting rid of al-Queda in Iraq or whatever name they’re calling themselves this week. Yes, I remain over the top on this one. This week it’s a very good thing I don’t get to set policy or write the rules of engagement. I will forever be in awe of the level of restraint shown by the American military under such conditions.

And I don’t want anyone yakking a me about Abu Ghraib or Gitmo… there are two families today that wish we were talking about underwear, naked pictures, barking dogs and confinement with medical care, three squares a day, and recreation yards.

I want organizations like Amnesty International and Human Rights watch to call press conferences, issue reports and call on all the governments and Muslim religious leaders of the world to condemn those who would perpetrate such cruel and inhuman atrocities against these two soldiers with the same vigor with which they assail the “treatment” of detainees. So far, not a peep out of either organization. I want the ACLU to go national and righteous about the violation of the civil rights of Pfc. Menchaca and Pfc. Tucker and call for the perpetrators to stand trial and be brought to justice or have someone pass a law or whatever it is that the ACLU does these days when there are slights real or imagined to their sensibilities. But I won’t be holding my breath.

I have always believed that we all (or at least those so inclined to) worship one God -- we just call Him by different names. This incident has caused me to rethink this proposition. My God is a just and merciful God. The Christian God -- whatever denomination and however far followers may twist His word -- do not call for nor condone the mutilation and murder of anyone -- even soldiers in another’s army. The Christian God -- and the Hindu God, the Buddhist God, and the God of all other major religions in the world -- does not command believers to rend and torture in His name. Nor do the prophets of these religions tell followers to commit such despicable and heinous crimes. In our world, we call these crimes against God and nature. Such evil, such self-loathing is not found in other religions. Perhaps Allah and my God are not the same.

I know that there must be “good” Muslim people out there who are sickened by the actions of these “jihadis”… Muslims not just in Iraq, but in all the countries of the world. If, in fact, as they profess (or is that protest) so loudly, Islam is a “religion of peace”, then it is time for these people to rise up and speak out against such barbaric actions. And if, as they say, their Holy men direct the actions of the Muslim people from the pulpit, it is time for every Imam in every mosque everywhere in the world -- Sunni, Shia’t, whatever -- to tell their congregants that they must stop the violence in Iraq -- that it is NOT alright to kill other Muslims and it is NOT alright to kill anyone of any religion.

I want the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) who can find the time and resources to protest a humorous (if insensitive) song to put those same efforts and resources into rallying Muslims to condemn such actions and calling for all Muslims to reject such barbarism (as of this writing CAIR has not made any statement on the degenerate slaughter of these soldiers). And I don’t mean taking out a full-page advert in some newspaper somewhere saying what a shame it is that these two soldiers “died”. CAIR must pull out all the stops and list all the reasons such brutality and depravity contravenes the tenets of Islam. If the Muslim community can rally and act (however inappropriately) over some cartoons, they should be able to stop the world over this atrocity committed in their names. The streets should be full of crying, chanting self-flagellating people just sick over this barbarism. That is… if it really is against Islam. If it is not, then they should “come clean” so the rest of us can truly know what we are up against -- those that condone butchery, barbarism and slaughter in the name of a religion. It is time for the Muslim world to prove to all the rest of us -- and perhaps to itself -- that they are not liars, that they can be a religion of peaceable people, and that they can effect change for the better. It is also time for the rest of the world (including the NY Times, the LA Times, the Milwaukee Journal, et al.) -- and politicians like Murtha and Kerry and Kennedy -- to DEMAND that they do so. And I want the press -- the legacy media -- to be as unrelenting, unmerciful and judgmental about these vicious, depraved, cruel, unbalanced barbarians that did these heinous things as they are to their liberal causes. Again, I won’t be holding my breath.

Ok. Rant over. For the moment.

********************

Go to Blackfive’s site to learn how you may send condolences to the families of Thomas Tucker, Kristian Menchaca, and David Babineau.

Copyright Some Soldier's Mom 2006. All rights rserved.

15 Comments:

At 6/22/2006 6:10 AM , Blogger Infantryman's Mom said...

Amen, sister!! I am so fed up with the MSM, with CAIR, with some of our own politicians. Okay, with all of our politicians....

 
At 6/22/2006 8:38 AM , Blogger Melinda said...

This, among so many other reasons, is why I love you so & count you among some of those dearest to my heart.

I, too, have been lying awake at night & distracted during the day thinking of these families. I have cried for their loss as well as the hot, angry tears of someone whose husband has made it plain he would never, ever if he could muster it, be taken alive by the likes of the murderers who took these boys. It makes me sick to think that we are held to standards and restraint that the enemy is not expected to or required to abide by.

And, yes, if one more person starts warbling about Gitmo, they might just be choked out by yours truly.

It's a very dark day when a parent could find herself thankful that her son was killed on the scene, at the mooment of ambush, last week. A dark day indeed.

 
At 6/22/2006 11:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this essay!

My thanks also to your son for his service.

I have added a link to you to a growing list of such essays at the end of my own rant.

I believe that such opinions need to be widely known.

 
At 6/22/2006 12:04 PM , Blogger Jeff said...

Soldier's Mom,

You Ma'am, are one verifiably absolute moral authority.

Linked here:
http://dadmanly.blogspot.com/2006/06/absolute-moral-authority.html

 
At 6/22/2006 12:34 PM , Blogger Zero Ponsdorf said...

Yep! and linked.

 
At 6/22/2006 12:55 PM , Blogger THIRDWAVEDAVE said...

Good rant, Mom. I've been toying with the idea of venting my feelings, as well. I am so infuriated over this and how some in congress are using it for political mileage.

 
At 6/22/2006 1:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why can't we have more moms like you and fewer Cindy Sheehans?

 
At 6/22/2006 4:33 PM , Blogger Consul-At-Arms said...

Great rant. I've linked to you here: http://consul-at-arms.blogspot.com/2006/06/re-cruel-and-inhuman-islamists.html

 
At 6/22/2006 6:44 PM , Blogger kbug said...

My feelings exactly, only I didn't say it quite as eloquently. I'm another mom who believes we should "let loose the dogs of war" and let our troops do their jobs like they were trained to do. It's time to take off the gloves and kick some insurgent/terrorist asses.

 
At 6/22/2006 7:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cruel and inhuman almost seems too kind to describe these subhuman degenerates.

Sister, I'm with you 100%. No parent should have to think about what those boys had to endure.

And as sure as I know there's a GOD, these subhumans will get the reward they so justly deserve - edited.

Thanks for the beautiful rant!

 
At 6/22/2006 7:25 PM , Blogger dyzgoneby said...

I agree 110%! Let's take the kid gloves off and show them who we are.

 
At 6/22/2006 10:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

God Bless you for saying what I can't put into words. I sent your write/rant out to everyone on my list, including my son,Shane,in Taji. I want him to know the feelings in this country. Just waiting for Bush to come back in country, and let them have it. If ever there was a time we needed a strong leader in this war, now is the time. Anyway, as I said in my email: You speak for me, not Cindy Sheehan. I don't have time for her and her kind...we are at war with animals.
Proud Army Pilot Mom

 
At 6/24/2006 1:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

As another proud Army mom...if only Rumsfeld would send over a battalion of Moms, we could give the Islamists a few lessons in cruel and unusual punishment.

 
At 6/25/2006 3:25 PM , Blogger devildog6771 said...

GTreat post Mom. I feel exactly the same way. Forget those lying Imans. They say one thing in English and another thing in Arabic. They don't give a d#$n how many non Muslim's are killed.

I have been so angry about this I can't get my words together. Then my darn blog at blogger won't work right. It may be free but I am getting fed up with blogger.

 
At 6/28/2006 11:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

1st...Reb 84 you are on the wrong blog...nobody here has time for your crap...try KOZ

Now... Can someone tell me why I can not find anything about the response by Bush (or anyone) to the brutal murders of Kristian Menchaca and Thomas Tucker in Iraq? I have been on line looking for something, anything, about what US is doing to find their murderers. Not one word! Bush has said nothing. Are they going to let this new guy do what Zarqawi did by beheading people on Al Jazeera and build up a new following of murderers and spodydopes? Why have the White House and convervative moderate press not responded? This is suppose to be a war on terror. This is how they terrorize, Americans and Iraqis alike. My son is serving in Iraq. This terrorizes me. I have written to the White House and others. Why has this story gone away?...... Is that why the NYT published the SWIFT story? To stop us little people from being heard? Please don't let this story go, what happens in Iraq matters. Soon the Haditha Report will come out and once again the Military will be brutalized all through 4th of July when we should be honoring those who protect our way of life and strive to improve others.
These 2 soldiers matter.
I wish we were more like Israel, but I guess we'll have to wait until they come closer to annihilating us.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home