color: SOME SOLDIER'S MOM: An Unnatural Order

Friday, February 17, 2006

An Unnatural Order

I believe that the saddest thing that can happen to someone in this life is to have a child die. It upsets the natural order of life. Our children should outlive us. They should have 100 years to experience all the good that life has to offer. Sometimes, it doesn't happen that way.

My sweet friend Cathy from "Updates on My Soldier" and her husband have lost their beloved son David. David had been ill a few months but his death was unexpected. Dave's brother Dan is on his way home from Iraq. Please go over and let Cathy and her family know that you are thinking of them at this difficult time.


Updates on my soldier: My Son David
COME to his assistance, All you Saints of God! Meet him, you Angels of the Lord. Receive his soul, and present it to the Most High. May Christ who called you, receive you; and may the Angels lead you into the bosom of Abraham. Eternal rest grant to him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May the souls of the faithfully departed through the mercy of God rest in peace.

Into your hands, O Lord, we humbly entrust our brother. In this life you embraced him with your tender love; deliver him now from every evil and bid him enter eternal rest.

The old order has passed away: welcome him then into paradise, where there will be no sorrow, no weeping nor pain, but the fullness of peace and joy with your Son and the Holy Spirit for ever and ever.

Amen.

3 Comments:

At 2/17/2006 2:37 PM , Blogger devildog6771 said...

Such a tragedy. I wrote a little something on my blog too. However, yours says it so much better. When my brother died at 21 from cancer, I came home from where I lived and my mom burst into tears and hugged me as she cried and said those very words, "It isn't supposed to happen this way. Aparent should not outlive their child!"

It wasn't until after Michael died, 32 years later that I began to think after a lot of soul searching that maybe God puts some people among us for a short time for a reason. These people have a goodness about them that touches everyone around them. Sort of like they were angels who came back to give us a bit of hope to carry on and an example to follow when we may have lost our way. Then he brings them back home because their job is done.

 
At 2/22/2006 1:21 PM , Blogger Christy said...

That is terrible for a child to go first. I am only 25 and have had my first child and could not imagine what I would be like should something happen to her. Devildog has a point though some people are only put here for a short time. We are all going to be together again. God bless!

 
At 2/23/2006 5:51 AM , Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

Thanks so much SSM. They do say only the good die young and from how many people came to the funeral from all over the country and Europe, I know David touched alot of lives in a very good way.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home