color: SOME SOLDIER'S MOM: We Need a Little Christmas: Please Help!!!

Sunday, February 25, 2007

We Need a Little Christmas: Please Help!!!

How about some more Christmas? I know of a place that needs a little Christmas... now.

Well, if you watch the news, you know we have guys deployed. 3ID is deployed and deploying... Some of our guys are already in Ramadi. When one of the wives asked her husband what could she send him... what did HE need? His response was that he needed nothing for himself, but he could use all the children's clothing and shoes he could get... he was distraught at the level of poverty these children experience.

So here's my challenge:

Please get out one (or two... or three) of your US Postal Services Flat Rate boxes... take it to your local Kmart or WalMart or Target or wherever... and buy as much children's clothing and shoes and socks (a small toy, too) as you can fit in that box (boxes!) You can also send gently used clothing and shoes -- any size... send it all!

So I told this wonderful and caring wife to tell that wonderful and caring soldier that I'd be delighted to do what I could... and I am asking all of you to do what you can. Support our troops and their mission... and their big old hearts...

Mail your box (don't forget that dang customs form!!) to:

Sgt. Dinkins, Charles
TF 5/7 CAV A Co 3/69AR
1st PLT C Co 2/7IN
APO AE 09346

Please email this info to all your friends & family... ask your church or civic group to help... and feel free to post it up on blogs and forums. "Our Guys" are asking for some help... let's be sure they can feel our love!

5 Comments:

At 2/25/2007 10:03 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'll put out the word on the Catholic sites I frequent.

God Bless you and yours.

Lonevoice
(formerly)2/75th

 
At 2/27/2007 8:35 PM , Blogger Sean Dustman said...

Congrats on the milbloggies win, hope to see you in April:) (and May too!)

 
At 2/28/2007 7:19 AM , Blogger BostonMaggie said...

Congratulations on your Milblogging award. It's great that this is the first post people will see today when they pop in to congratulate you.

 
At 3/01/2007 5:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Madam,

If at all possible could you please get the word out that there is going to be a Support Our Troops rally on 3/17/07 in Washington DC to counter a march run by ANSWER and featuring Cindy Sheehan and Jane Fonda?

We are looking for as many patriots to attend as possible.

Details at:

www.gatheringofeagles.org



Thanks for your time!

 
At 11/13/2008 4:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know a wonderful family that is in desperate need of help during the holidays. The husband is a disabled marine veteren who was injured on one the the ships. He has been working/ fighting with the corp to recieve his disabilty and pension and currently has no income. I see the anguish the he goes through every day from the pain caused by his injuries and the medication he is on has affected his thinking. His wife has done her best to support ther family with 4 boys age 16, 14, 12, and little bobby is 6. However she recently got layed off from the pharmaciutical she was working at. They since lost thier apartment and their vehicle, they have piled up utilty bills.Thay have lost everyything. They lived at a motel for a few days until the she finally accepted my help. My Fiance and I, although going through our own financial burden, opened our doors to them. They are staying with us and our 3 kids, (My daughter13 and two boys are 8 and 6) in my 3 bedroom apartment untils something happens for them. My daughter has given up her room to offer it the the married couple so the the gentleman can be comfortable and not have to sleep in the floor, so my daughter took the couch.The Mrs has even considered joining the Army as a guarentee of employment as a last resort. As you can see. This is not a wise idea since she has 4 kids to look after and a disabled husband. Well that is besides the point. I don't care about myself or my own situation, I just think they can use a blessing far greater than I can ever ask for. I am new to North carolina. I am from Boston and moved here recently. I don't know of any resources that might help her with gifts for her boys for christmas. They are really good christian people. Please hear my prayer. What can I do?

Jessica at jessicamanati@aol.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home