color: SOME SOLDIER'S MOM: Milbloggies... Update and Thank You

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Milbloggies... Update and Thank You

Updated

First, we had the best time early last week hosting two of the nicest and most intelligent and fun people -- ever... the Greyhawks GO there for pics and other info...

Next, had an OK time in Las Vegas... Sahara Hotel is 55 years old... and the rooms haven't been improved or refurbished in the 55 years. We have stayed in seedier hotels, but we think it may have been back in college (which was long, long ago in a galaxy far, far away.) NOT recommended (the Sahara).

We attended this year's Blog World & New Media Expo and 3rd Milblog Conference. Those milbloggers sure are a great group of people... and you can check out some of the coverage and pics over at
Mudville Gazette ArmyWifeToddlerMom Blackfive Soldiers Angels/Holly Aho Honor Duty Email and Doc's...

Next, I'd like to thank those of you who voted for me in the Milbloggie competition. My 3rd consecutive Milbloggie. Here's what I said (more or less... not verbatim) when I accepted the award for Military (Parent):

Thank you all very much. I am truly honored. I started my blog to tell my story, but somewhere along the way -- and just like most of you [other milbloggers], it morphed to trying to make it [fill in the blank] just a little better. And I would like to close by thanking my wonderful and supportive husband who, when I am pacing up and down the kitchen floor demanding, "What is this crap?" he says, "Don't be bitchin' to me... go write a blog post!"

Thank you all. Sincerely. Hope to see all (or more) of you at next year's conference!

I can't believe I forgot to post a list of the other winners (links to their blogs can be found on the side bar!) CONGRATS to all!

Navy: Sean Dustman, Doc in the Box
Veteran: Blackfive
Spouse: ArmyWifeToddlerMom
Army: Toby Nunn, Briefing Room
Marines: Major Pain, One Marine's View
Supporter: LL, Chromed Curses
Air Force: OpFor

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 9/23/2008 8:11 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats!
thanks for all you do!

~AirmanMom returning to her blog...

 
At 9/24/2008 8:30 AM , Blogger Soldiers Angels said...

wish I had been there
miss you all
Love you
Patti

 
At 9/24/2008 12:22 PM , Blogger liberal army wife said...

And from the PZ family - Congratulations.

LAW

 
At 9/26/2008 4:44 PM , Blogger Rachelle Jones said...

Congratulations AGAIN!!!

It was so ice spending time with you and my BF. Always interesting, always a joy, and ALWAYS good company..

 
At 9/27/2008 7:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I'm late in commenting. Seems to be a whirl wind at our house with littlest greyhawk's play starting this weekend and last minute costume adjustments.

We loved hanging with you and that handsome hubby of yours. And it was so great to see Noah and that incredibly sweet baby of his. You tell Noah next time I'm bringing a bigger suitcase (wink).

We must'nt wait til the next conference to get together.

Congrats on your award.

Luv ya

 
At 9/27/2008 10:05 AM , Blogger That 1 Guy said...

Congrats on your award! It was great to meet you on Friday night. Wish we would have visited some more!

 
At 10/01/2008 1:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a regular reader of your blog.

Congrats to you! Keep it up.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home