color: SOME SOLDIER'S MOM: HELP OUR WOUNDED!! Give to Project VALOUR-IT.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

HELP OUR WOUNDED!! Give to Project VALOUR-IT.

Our enemies tried to kill them. You can help them heal.

learn more

learn more

And you can give via the many auctions scheduled... check HERE !!!

WHAT IS PROJECT VALOUR-IT?

Project Valour-IT, in memory of SFC William V. Ziegenfuss, helps provide voice-controlled/adaptive laptop computers and other technology to support Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines recovering from hand wounds and other severe injuries. Technology supplied includes: 
Voice-controlled Laptops - Operated by speaking into a microphone or using other adaptive technologies, they allow the wounded to maintain connections with the rest of the world during recovery.

Wii Video Game Systems - Whole-body game systems increase motivation and speed recovery when used under the guidance of physical therapists in therapy sessions (donated only to medical facilities).

Personal GPS - Handheld GPS devices build self-confidence and independence by compensating for short-term memory loss and organizational challenges related to severe TBI and severe PTSD.  


The experience of Major Chuck Ziegenfuss (pictured), a partner in the project who suffered serious hand wounds while serving in Iraq, led to the creation of this program that has used voice-controlled laptops to the support recovery and reintegration of thousands of wounded troops since 2005.

"At that time I had no use of either hand. I know how humbling it is, how humiliating it feels. And I know how much better I felt, how amazingly more functional I felt, after Soldiers' Angels provided me with a laptop and a loyal reader provided me with the software. I can't wait to do the same, to give that feeling to another soldier at Walter Reed." - Captain Chuck Ziegenfuss
HOW YOU CAN HELP!

This is our chance to give back to our wounded warriors - give them something that will help them heal and connect with family, friends, and their comrades back in the combat zones.

You can help by donating and spreading the word about Valour-IT and Soldiers' Angels.

So I'll end this by saying thank you to all of you (small spheres of influence) who have helped these amazing American men and women.

If you can't pick up a rifle, then please help our warriors.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 10/30/2010 7:19 PM , Blogger Spockgirl said...

Just thought I'd stop by to say I had read about Valour IT on a few other blogs and decided I should take part in promoting it, even though I don't get a lot of traffic on my blog. I couldn't decide if I should be part of Team Army or Marines. After a bit of hemming and hawing, I went with Team Navy. I see you linked to Army. They are kicking Navy butt big time.

 
At 11/01/2010 10:45 AM , Blogger LindaJean said...

Hello Carla
Found your blog while searching for support for families of unmarried soldiers. I am finding that the FRG is mostly for spouses (and that is wonderful) but surely there must be something for families of soldiers who are NOT married or engaged etc? Can you recommend some sites or ?
Thank you for a great blog and any direction you can offer and by the way: HAPPY ALIVE DAY to your son, and Praise God for His Mercy!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home