color: SOME SOLDIER'S MOM: They Are All Our Guys... Our Heroes

Friday, September 30, 2005

They Are All Our Guys... Our Heroes






So Katy at The Dirty Days (who hosts self-portrait Fridays) wants to see our front porches? Well, I only have one picture of me on my porch (I'm always the one TAKING the pictures!) and that's with the handsome milblogger Sgt. Chris Missick, but here is our "porch" and the view from our porch (that was last winter in a rare snowfall).
****************************************

Noah update: Doing better every day. His neck is feeling much better and the lower back is doing ok... His hearing is the most frustrating for him -- comes and goes... It will take time.

He's gotten a taste of the disconnect in information that all of us with deployed soldiers endure day in and day out... and he hates it!! Yesterday the news reported the death of a number of soldiers in an IED explosion in the area in Iraq where he was injured, but no additional information was available... and he had to wait until the Rear Detachment could tell him it wasn't his unit. He told me in an instant message, "THIS F**ING SUCKS! if we lost 5 guys I'm gonna loose it so bad, ma -- its not even gonna be funny..."

So I told him, " I know son... but you need to hold it together... if it's your Guys, their families will need the support of the brothers... but I do know how hard the waiting is... and of course there's the comm blackout which makes it even harder... you just wait here in silence... try to keep busy until you know something..."

But it was not his unit, but a Marine unit... Our hearts go out to the families of those Marines. I can not convey how my heart aches with every death... They are all Our Guys... all... Prayers and tears for our Heroes..

Update: They weren't Marines after all... Army... a NG unit from Pennsylvania who has lost 5 of her sons...

The Department of Defense announced today the death of five soldiers who were supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom. They died on Sept. 28, in Ar Ramadi, Iraq, where their M2A2 Bradley Fighting Vehicle was attacked by enemy forces using indirect fire. The soldiers were assigned to the Army National Guard's 1st Battalion, 109th Infantry Regiment, 28th Infantry Division, New Milford, Pa.

Killed were:
Staff Sgt. Daniel L. Arnold, 27, of Montrose, Pa.
Staff Sgt. George A. Pugliese, 39, of Carbondale, Pa.
Sgt. Eric W. Slebodnik, 21, of Greenfield Township, Pa.
Spc. Lee A. Wiegand, 20, of Hallstead, Pa.
Pfc. Oliver J. Brown, 19, of Carbondale, Pa.

Copyright 2005. All rights reserved.

12 Comments:

At 9/30/2005 11:14 AM , Blogger Melinda said...

So glad to read that Noah is feeling a little better.

Our prayers are with him and his buddies, as always, as well as those faced with losses within their ranks.

 
At 9/30/2005 12:28 PM , Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

What a view. Breathtaking!
Glad to hear Michael is feeling better.

 
At 9/30/2005 4:15 PM , Blogger Kat said...

GREAT pics!!!!! Good one of you & chris !!! I've got several Chris & me pics myself ~ like you, I'm usually the one TAKING the pics and there just aren't that many of me out there! So my future SPFs will probably consist of many WEb of Support tour pics, LOL, once I've used up the few OTHER pics I've got! LOL

Gorgeous view from your home, I'm so jealous!

 
At 9/30/2005 5:35 PM , Blogger Stacy said...

That view is beautiful. Looks so peaceful. No wonder you two decided to retire and move there.

Glad Noah is feeling better.

 
At 9/30/2005 7:38 PM , Blogger Rachelle Jones said...

the 39th Brigade (Dear Husbands Unit ) lost 38 men.....in about 12 months. Mortar attacks, IED....etc. Sounds like Noah might need to talk to his Chaplain......if he hasn't already.

 
At 10/01/2005 4:04 AM , Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

Dan told me about that yesterday. 4 IED hit their Bradley at once. Dan's gunner new everyone of them very well. Dan and all of his crew are having a hard time with this.
I cannot hardly stand this anymore. 8 more months of this. Oh help me God.

 
At 10/01/2005 6:07 AM , Blogger barb pfister said...

Gorgeous view!! What a wonderful thing to sit on your porch and see God's beauty in all it's splendor.
Glad to hear Noah is doing better, the hearing will probably take the longest to heal, Michelle's is still healing.
I cry as I read about the 5 soldiers who lost their lives, all too young, my heart goes out to their families, along with my prayers.

Barb

 
At 10/01/2005 6:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a breathtaking veiw...that is my dream one day! I know you enjoy it (who wouldn't).

I'm so glad to hear about Noah and I am glad he is doing better. We keep him and all of our soldiers in our prayers.

 
At 10/01/2005 8:17 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Great photos :)

 
At 10/02/2005 9:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My heart bleeds for all the men and women over in Iraq I'd just like you to know that I don't have to know a soldier's name or his/her life story to shed tears for their loss or their losses. May the Power of the Lord be in their every step.

Joanne

 
At 10/07/2005 10:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Death or gruesome wounds, guess that is whatcha get for invading somebody else's country!

As an added irony, many of these professional murderers (aka our heroes)will certainly suffer the health effects of the depleted uranium munitions they used to slaughter Iraqis more efficiently.

Gulf war syndrome. I call it poetic justice syndrome!

 
At 10/08/2005 8:09 PM , Blogger Some Soldier's Mom said...

robby baby.. you are so brainwashed... green peace by some chance? faiza? river bend?

yes, good thing we invaded to uncover all the mass graves... and do you suppose the estimated 250,000,000 RUSSIAN bullets which are made of spent uranium are contributory or did you just conveniently forget that? and I suppose the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of Saddam's victims in mass graves are also conveniently a non-issue with you, too? you poor, poor deluded child... and I guess you perfer speaking German -- we invaded there, too, about 60 years ago... go drool on your lap on some other blog.

our soldiers in iraq and afghanistan ARE heroes -- even if you are too ignorant to see that... you have that right -- and it is my son and my Guys and our other soldiers who protect your right to be wrong. I will ask God tonight to forgive your evil thoughts and intentions.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home