Tuesday, September 13, 2005


Monday afternoon... we had just picked up Noah's Class A's just off his base and my cell phone rang... Noah answered and the voice on the other end said, "So whatyaknowsh*thead??" Noah sat in stunned silence and said, "Pardon me? Who is this?" "Oh man, your brain must have really got rattled! It's me, P..." And they were off to the races -- the lot of 'em talking over each other and talking so fast even I couldn't understand even one end of the conversation! My AIM away message said where I was for my Guys, and they took the chance that Noah would be with me when they called... (not only handsome, but my Guys are smart, too! LOL)
They hadn't had much word and they wanted to know how Noah was and about their friend Dave M. (injured in the same event as Noah and still up at Walter Reed), and they chatted about other soldiers either in Iraq, Germany or in the U.S. It's still really busy where they are but all are safe this week... They spoke of the memorial for Matt Bohling held in Iraq over the weekend, and Noah told them he was going to the memorial here at their base. They talked generally about what was happening where the Guys are... that they hadn't been successful in getting the dozens of packages waiting for Noah back in Iraq released and they discussed strategy and people to contact to get that done (what do we want the stuff back for?? they NEED it THERE!)... and they closed by telling Noah to focus on getting well, and to have a few cold ones for them!! Then I got a big "HI, MA!!" and the call was done. But it was magic to Noah... to hear from the Guys... to know they missed him as much as he misses them... And to let the Guys know that we remember that they're still there... and that they're in our thoughts and prayers... It sure was great to hear!
Copyright 2005. All rights reserved.


At 9/13/2005 10:26 PM , Blogger PegS said...

How wonderful! I'm so glad Noah had such an uplifting phone call!

Such friendship and brotherhood. Amazing.

Good luck to your family. Such a good support system you have for your son.

Mine is due back in the States on the 23rd of September.

Thanks to the 172nd for taking over for the 1-5th in Mosul.

God Bless

PegS 1-5Mom

At 9/14/2005 3:10 AM , Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

That is so wonderful. I can feel the excitement in your voice. I bet you felt like happy dancin? To bad you were sitting in a car.
I am so glad Noah got to talk with your guys (our guys).
May god watch over them and protect them.
Take Care mom and take care of your soldier.

At 9/14/2005 3:37 AM , Blogger Stacy said...

I know that Noah was so glad to hear from them. That in itself will make him feel better.

Give him one more hug before you leave today, and tell him that if he needs anything to let us know, and I will put my wings on and be right there.

Have a safe trip home.

At 9/14/2005 7:37 AM , Blogger Melinda said...

Safe travels to you!

How wonderful of them to be able to take the time to call & find out how Noah is doing & for them to share news from home and away. Makes me smile thinking about them chatting away. :)

So glad you've been able to spend some time with your kiddo!

At 9/14/2005 12:49 PM , Blogger barb pfister said...

The difference a phone call can make. I am so glad for you and Noah and I continue to pray for all of you and I am also glad that things seem to be going so good for you all.



Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home