color: SOME SOLDIER'S MOM: Someday I ain't gonna worry my life any more

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Someday I ain't gonna worry my life any more

I've been worrying my head and heart these last few days with Operation Shank and all that's happening in ar Ramadi..

and I haven't heard from Our Guys in more than a week... very unusual... very worrying. Having experienced the injury and worse of those close to us, I am glued to the reports coming out of the area.... like a moth to a flame. Just because Noah is home hasn't reduced my worrying much. That the clock is winding down does nothing but heighten my worry... So still chanting "no.news.is.good.news.and.bad.news.travels.fast."




I've also been a little down that Our Guys will not be home this Christmas. As I've written before, Christmas is my most favorite holiday. Not because of the presents, but because of the extreme sense of family it engenders. And while I haven't been out in the malls and the stores much, it seems the minute I do walk into a store, "I'll Be Home for Christmas" starts to play and it brings tears to my eyes... every time... and I'm thinking about the Guys and imagining their Christmas this year. I know I'll get through it and am hanging tough... I only have to think of Andi and the others who have loved ones just deployed with the holidays upon us, and I am strengthened.

And as for those that believe that our Army is broken and living hand to mouth -- no one and nothing will ever break our military. They are winning this war, Congressman. They are proud and proficient warriors. It is a war with many battles... but our soldiers and marines and airmen and sailors are doing just fine. Are they weary? Do some of them live in pretty austere conditions? Is their equipment well used? Of course to all of the above. That's the life of soldiers at war. This is a war. We should not cut and run. We're winning -- and the saddest thing is that those people don't believe it. Supporting our troops, heh? If there is one lesson you and we should know by now is to give the military what they need when they need it, keep the politicians out of operations and in no time at all, they'll all be home VICTORIOUS.
As for Congressman Murtha's statement, "This war needs to be personalized." Congressman, it just doesn't get any more personal in my world.

Copyright 2005. All rights reserved.


Yeah, someday babe,
I ain't gonna worry my life any more.
So many days since you went away.
I've had to worry both night and day.
Yeah, but someday babe,
I ain't gonna worry my life any more.

"Worried Life Blues"
By maceo merryweather

5 Comments:

At 12/04/2005 11:47 AM , Blogger Crazy Politico said...

I hope all is well with those you are worrying about.

You are correct about Murtha, he's lost touch or something, and doesn't understand how personal it is to some.

 
At 12/04/2005 1:27 PM , Blogger Stacy said...

Murhta apparently has no child, husband or dad in this war, because if he did, he would certainly understand just how personal it is.

I too have been glued to the television more lately, I guess since we are in the countdown mode.

I sure hope you hear from the guys soon.

 
At 12/04/2005 8:45 PM , Blogger Erik Holtan said...

That satellite view looks familiar. I downloaded Google earth and looked over Iraq, everywhere I had been. It is cool, but also to show other where I had been! I sure hope everyone is safe out there, and you KNOW they are doing the rest of us proud!
HAve a good week!

 
At 12/05/2005 6:42 AM , Blogger Melinda said...

We were gone this weekend & my heart would stop every time I would hear Ramadi...I was hoping to have an e-mail saying "Everything is okay", but none yet.

Will be praying even more!

 
At 12/06/2005 7:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My brother is over in afghanistan and god it is heartbreaking, his 2 sons, age 12 and 8 try so hard to be strong. My uncle and step sister have also done tours in hell and friends of mine as well.

I pray every day for every soldier, sailor, marine or airman over there and the families as well.

Hooah! to those who are strong enough and brave enough to fight the good fight. If I could I would be there with you!

God bless you all and to you all a Merry Safe Christmas and a happy calm new year!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home