color: SOME SOLDIER'S MOM: But We In It Shall Be Remember'd... We Band of Brothers

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

But We In It Shall Be Remember'd... We Band of Brothers

From this day to the end of the world,
But we in it shall be remember'd
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he today that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother....


The Department of Defense announced today the deaths of five soldiers who were supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom. They died in Ar Ramadi, Iraq, on Oct. 15, when an improvised explosive device detonated near their M2A2 Bradley Fighting Vehicle during combat operations. The soldiers were assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 69th Armor Regiment, 3rd Brigade, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Benning, GA.

SPC Jeffrey W. Corban, 30, of Elkhart, IN. Also read here.
SPC Corban was buried at Ft. Benning, GA earlier today.

SPC Richard A. Hardy, 24, of Newcomerstown, OH. Also read here.
SPC Hardy will be buried in Ohio on Friday.

SPC Thomas ("Tommy") H. Byrd, 21, of Cochise, AZ.
SPC Byrd will be buried in Arizona at a later date.

SPC Timothy D. Watkins , 24, of San Bernardino, CA.
Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger declared that flags at the state Capitol will fly at half-staff in honor of Watkins.

SSG Vincent E. Summers, 38, of South Haven, MI.
Staff Sergeant Summers will be buried this Saturday in Killeen, TX, the home of Fort Hood.

****************************
Josh Groban sings this beautiful tribute
(even if you don't usually listen to
Josh Groban... the song is poignant)

Remember*
Remember, I will still be here,
As long as you hold me, in your memory
Remember, when your dreams have ended,
Time can be transcended,
Just remember me
I am the one star that keeps burning, so brightly,
It is the last light, to fade into the rising sun
I'm with you,
Whenever you tell, My story,
For I am all I've done
Remember, I will still be here,
As long as you hold me, in your memory,
Remember me
I am that one voice, in the cold wind,
That whispers,
And if you listen, you'll hear me call across the sky
As long as, I still can reach out, and touch you,
Then I will never die
Remember, I'll never leave you,
If you will only,
Remember me
Remember me...
Remember, I will still be here,
As long as you hold me,
In your memory
Remember, When your dreams have ended,
Time can be transcended,
I live forever,
Remember me
Remember me,
Remember... me...
*****************************

Blessed Mother Mary, Wrap your arms around our sons and intercede on their behalf with Our Father, and hold them in your loving and tender embrace as we would hold all our sons here on Earth. Amen.

COME to their assistance, All you Saints of God! Meet them, you Angels of the Lord. Receive their souls, and present them to the Most High. May the Lord who called you, receive you; and may the Angels lead you into the bosom of Abraham. Eternal rest grant to them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May the souls of the faithfully departed through the mercy of God rest in peace.


Into your hands, O Lord, we humbly entrust our brothers. In this life you embraced them with your tender love; deliver them now from every evil and bid them enter eternal rest.

The old order has passed away: welcome them then into paradise, where there will be no sorrow, no weeping nor pain, but the fullness of peace and joy with your Son and the Holy Spirit for ever and ever. Amen.

Welcome, THIRDWAVEDAVE readers...
------------------------------------------------

* "Remember" (from the sound track of the movie "Troy") lyrics by Cynthia Weil, music by James Horner

6 Comments:

At 10/25/2005 6:18 PM , Blogger Stacy said...

My thoughts and prayers go out to these five families. I know that this has to be the most difficult time for these families.

Thanks for sharing the names with us. Hope Noah is holding up.

 
At 10/26/2005 2:20 AM , Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

May they rest in peace.
Thinking and praying for Noah and the families of our fallen heroes.

 
At 10/26/2005 9:52 AM , Blogger RebeccaMcCormick said...

Your posts are such a gift of love. Thanks for celebrating the lives of these and other soldiers in such a thoughtful way. We pray for Noah and his continued recovery.

 
At 10/26/2005 10:33 AM , Blogger THIRDWAVEDAVE said...

You have one special son, Mom. I'm very proud of him. Prayers to all the families.

 
At 10/26/2005 11:20 AM , Blogger AFSister said...

A beautiful tribute to our lost Soldiers. Gone, but never forgotten.

I cried reading your post about Noah being 16 just 4 years ago, and about Tommy's widow being a mere 19. I can't even begin to imagine her hurt. God bless Noah for being so brave in the face of such sorrow.

 
At 10/26/2005 1:05 PM , Blogger Melinda said...

Thinking of all those involved with these heroes and their loss. Continuing to pray for all of you too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home