color: SOME SOLDIER'S MOM: Updates - Our Guys American & Scottish

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Updates - Our Guys American & Scottish

Finally heard from one of our Guys... when we returned from our mini-trip I had an IM waiting... some small requests for things... some general news about our Guys... and at the close:

hi mom... sorry I haven't talked to you in a while... thanks for all the packages... let me know if there's anything I can do for ya... Mom, tell Noah he has my deepest condolences...
Noah had already called earlier in the day to let me know that V. had called him and that they had spoken at length about everything that has gone on... and that V. has transferred to Noah's platoon... but the rest of our Guys are staying in their current platoon (which doesn't go outside the wire as often as the other platoons). Ratchets up my worry for V. a notch or two (or three).

We (well, actually DH) has had a number of phone conversations with Noah over the past two days relating to protocol, regulations, etc. regarding military burials... long story. Still working through the details. This is very hard on the very young widow of Noah's friend -- the tensions that can arise in these situations between the families of the deceased soldier and the military establishment and regulations that might have served a purpose at some point... I can't (and won't) post the details, just to say that someone should really listen to what the widow, family and soldier's friends say and sh*tcan some regulations or at least allow for compromise (and there IS a compromise -- it just isn't provided for in the regulations...) Be that as it may... We're hoping the U.S. Senators and Congressmen from their home state can help sort this out...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Had a wonderful time in Vegas... the concert was fabulous (they rocked!) and we met up with our old friends Nazareth -- what a great time catching up on their families and ours!!

Lee Agnew (drums, backing vocals)


Pete Agnew (bass and vocals)

My big bro, me, Pete, DH

I called a younger sister just as the concert began and she and her two boys got on the phone just so they could feel like they were there with us (my 15 year old nephew is a HUGE fan --

Dan McCafferty (vocals and the bagpipes)

and all on his own and not because his ma is a fan and a friend!) We all can't wait to see the guys (Scottish) again... although they have such a heavy touring schedule for the next 11 months in Europe we just might have to go there to see them!! Hey -- sounds like a family road trip to me!!


Copyright 2005. All rights reserved.

4 Comments:

At 10/22/2005 8:37 PM , Blogger Rachelle Jones said...

Just when I think I am getting to know ya, you go and surprise me.....you even followed proper concert ettiquite and wore black. I say the road trip is neccessary...for all of you.

 
At 10/23/2005 5:10 AM , Blogger Stacy said...

I am glad that you heard from one of the guys. As to Noah, I know that he must be going through something that I could never imagine, but I still wish for him that he did not have to.

Hope Congress can help out.

You guys look like you had a blast. Wish I could have been there.

 
At 10/23/2005 9:34 AM , Blogger Melinda said...

Vegas was a much deserved & much needed break, I'm sure. Looks like it RoCkEd!

Praying that V is safe & sound. Keep us posted.

Big prayers to Noah that his young shoulders will be broad enough yet again to hold up those who need him. I can't imagine what the young widow is going through...had an awful dream last night to that effect and THAT was horrible enough for me.

{{Hugs}}

 
At 10/23/2005 10:15 AM , Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

So glad you heard from on of your(our) guys. I think of them often. I pray for Noah and his friends always. May God give them peace of mind.
You really looked like you enjoyed yourself in Vegas. You lucky girl.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home