color: SOME SOLDIER'S MOM: Tagged... Five Weird Habits

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Tagged... Five Weird Habits

ArmyWifeToddlerMom tagged me... and I'm supposed to describe Five Weird habits I have... Hmmmm, I don't think I have 5 weird habits (at least they're not weird to me...) but I'll give it a shot.
  1. My pantry always has to be filled to overflowing. I know this comes from growing up poor and hungry.
  2. I have to have "noise" in a room I'm working in -- TV, radio, stereo -- but I can not have a single noise in the room when I'm sleeping.
  3. I cannot go visit at someone's home without taking a gift or an offering (wine, beer, cake, cookies, flowers.) I know this has fallen out of fashion, but it was so ingrained in me as I grew up that I can't shake it now (I still say it's good manners!)
  4. I can not be late for anything. I would rather sit outside someone's house because I'm 10 minutes early rather than be late. I'm one of those nuts that's showered, made up, hair done, dressed and watching the clock until it's time to leave.
  5. I make a wish whenever the main part of my necklace (for instance, my cross) meets up with the catch on the chain (these days it's always, "I wish all my kids will be safe today.") Someone once told me when I was quite young that every time that happens you get a wish... and I've never forgotten it -- or missed the opportunity to make that wish. Hey -- why tempt fate? You just never know!

Well, they didn't say to tag 5 more people... but I think I'll put a spin on this one and tag 5 soldiers/sailors and see what kind of weird habits these guys have...

Doc In the Box

Major K

Doc Smith at J. Barne's Coffee Shop

Sgt. Hook (This We'll Defend)

From My Position...

[and still no direct word from the Guys... but Noah (who is now attached to the Rear Detachment -- what a contradiction in terms: attached to a detachment)... has occasion to speak with his unit in Iraq and he says he spoke with one of his comrades yesterday. In preparation for the election, the Guys -- one of the busiest units in Iraq -- are doing even more missions. They are just incredibly busy and hectic night and day. He says not to worry (there's that phrase again!)

Copyright 2005. All rights reserved.

5 Comments:

At 12/11/2005 1:58 PM , Blogger Sean Dustman said...

Oh no, I've been tagged again!

 
At 12/11/2005 2:20 PM , Blogger Stacy said...

Your habits are a lot like mine, especially the one about being on time. That is probablly my biggest one. I just never seemed to pass that on along to Michael. LOL...

 
At 12/11/2005 6:42 PM , Blogger Melinda said...

Thanks for sharing that news about the guys...I continue to pray for them. And, M2's favorite song to sing while rocking at night is "He's got the whole world in His hands". We've been adding "all our soldiers" and those we know by name...she enjoys that.

 
At 12/12/2005 7:08 AM , Blogger Rachelle Jones said...

We too hoard food and supplies....

too many winters of being poor in the midwest...

 
At 12/13/2005 2:18 AM , Blogger Crazy Politico said...

I understand the never being late thing. Especially important things I'm notoriously paranoid about being late.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home