Tagged... Five Weird Habits
- My pantry always has to be filled to overflowing. I know this comes from growing up poor and hungry.
- I have to have "noise" in a room I'm working in -- TV, radio, stereo -- but I can not have a single noise in the room when I'm sleeping.
- I cannot go visit at someone's home without taking a gift or an offering (wine, beer, cake, cookies, flowers.) I know this has fallen out of fashion, but it was so ingrained in me as I grew up that I can't shake it now (I still say it's good manners!)
- I can not be late for anything. I would rather sit outside someone's house because I'm 10 minutes early rather than be late. I'm one of those nuts that's showered, made up, hair done, dressed and watching the clock until it's time to leave.
- I make a wish whenever the main part of my necklace (for instance, my cross) meets up with the catch on the chain (these days it's always, "I wish all my kids will be safe today.") Someone once told me when I was quite young that every time that happens you get a wish... and I've never forgotten it -- or missed the opportunity to make that wish. Hey -- why tempt fate? You just never know!
Well, they didn't say to tag 5 more people... but I think I'll put a spin on this one and tag 5 soldiers/sailors and see what kind of weird habits these guys have...
Doc Smith at J. Barne's Coffee Shop
Sgt. Hook (This We'll Defend)
[and still no direct word from the Guys... but Noah (who is now attached to the Rear Detachment -- what a contradiction in terms: attached to a detachment)... has occasion to speak with his unit in Iraq and he says he spoke with one of his comrades yesterday. In preparation for the election, the Guys -- one of the busiest units in Iraq -- are doing even more missions. They are just incredibly busy and hectic night and day. He says not to worry (there's that phrase again!)
Copyright 2005. All rights reserved.