color: SOME SOLDIER'S MOM: Happy Birthday, America!!!

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy Birthday, America!!!




HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AMERICA!!!

I Love my country.
I am proud to be an American.
I will not take my freedom for granted.
I honor those who have served and those who do serve.
We are the greatest nation on Earth.
We are the Land of the Free because we are also the Home of the Brave.
Let freedom ring.

THIS IS MY COUNTRY
This is my country! Land of my birth!
This is my country! Grandest on earth!
I pledge thee my allegiance, America, the bold,
For this is my country to have and to hold.
What diff'rence if I hail from North or South
Or from the East or West?
My heart is filled with love for all of these.
I only know I swell with pride and deep within my breast
I thrill to see Old Glory paint the breeze.
With hand up-on heart I thank the Lord For this my native land,
For all I love is here within her gates.
My sould is rooted deeply in the soil on which I stand,
For these are mine own United States.
This is my country! Land of my choice!
This is my country! Hear my proud voice!
I pledge thee my allegiance, America, the bold,
For this is my country! To have and to hold.


Words by Don Raye, Music by Al Jacobs

************

God Bless America

"While the storm clouds gather far across the sea,

Let us swear allegiance to a land that's free,
Let us all be grateful for a land so fair,
As we raise our voices in a solemn prayer. "

God Bless America,
Land that I love.
Stand beside her, and guide her
Thru the night with a light from above.

From the mountains,
to the prairies,
To the oceans,
white with foam
God bless America,
My home sweet home.

Words and music by Irving Berlin©
Copyright 1938, 1939 by Irving Berlin©
Copyright Renewed 1965, 1966 by Irving Berlin©
Copyright Assigned to the Trustees of the God Bless America Fund International
Copyright Secured. All Rights Reserved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home