color: SOME SOLDIER'S MOM: Foxes, Chicken Coops... & Moms

Friday, March 02, 2007

Foxes, Chicken Coops... & Moms

So I posted yesterday that I was extremely disappointed that the Walter Reed "Blue Ribbon Panel" did not include at least one mother of a wounded soldier or marine... but then a friend brought to my attention the most recent Joe Galloway article on this HERE

which concludes

One reader e-mailed me this week to suggest that if we really want to get to the bottom of this scandal, we should appoint an investigative commission made up of 10 mothers of wounded soldiers instead of the usual suspects who sit on blue-ribbon commissions and find no one responsible for problems.

The mothers, the reader wrote, would sort out who was to blame in short order and find the problems that need fixing even faster. I second her motion.

and to that I might add that they would spend half the money to fix what's wrong than the guys wearing those blue ribbons...

I haven't always agreed with Galloway in some of his more recent tirades and pronouncements, but I think his outrage this time is warranted... but again, lots of finger pointing and breast beating by the press without a lot of tangible suggestions for change...

You know we'll all be watching this closely.


Copyright 2007 Some Soldier's Mom. All rights reserved.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 3/03/2007 2:48 PM , Blogger Monica said...

I third that motion. I'm in the process of fighting to make VA care more accessible in my area. I was heartbroken to learn that their are young vets in my county just like my son who feel isolated and forgotten by the government.

Put a mom in the midst of it and we'll get things done for our children.

Take care of you.

 
At 3/05/2007 8:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was talking about this and the war with my favorite recruiter and I said to him, if you just send in the Moms, we'd have all this taken care of in no time. He agreed wholeheartedly, saying, "you all raised soldiers and knowing soldiers as I do, that wasn't an easy task by no means."
(His mother could lead the charge...)

 
At 3/08/2007 3:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am the mom of a wounded soldier. I have seen what he has had to endure; I cared for him when he was discharged from the hospital; I bought him the medical supplies that he needed when the one's that he was sent home with ran out and driving 130 miles to get more was not an option; I was up all night long providing comfort when the pain so was unbearable that he couldn't sleep. I agree, had a mom been put on the panel the bottom line would have been defined and corrected. No argument would have been accepted.

 
At 3/09/2007 1:00 PM , Blogger Harrywr2 said...

Someone in the Penagon is listening...the blue ribbon Panel is soliciting comments from family members--

http://www.ha.osd.mil/dhb/irg/comments.cfm

 
At 4/02/2007 8:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a shame that you need something like that to get noticed. What's wrong with this picture?
Matt

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home