color: SOME SOLDIER'S MOM: "That" Day... 4 years on

Sunday, August 23, 2009

"That" Day... 4 years on

Today is the anniversary of "that" day. Some people call it an Alive Day... Noah just says it was the worst !@#$%^& day of his life (and ours). Not dwelling on it... I'm sure it won't be mentioned in our house at all... it is old news... but it is not forgotten... will never be forgotten...

Pay attention to the yellow dump truck in the lower left at the start of the video...




and while those responsible for this attack thought many Americans would die that day in Ramadi, only Noah and one other soldier were evacuated for their wounds... and no Americans died. Can't say the same for the Tangos.

5 Comments:

At 8/24/2009 3:38 AM , Blogger MaryAnn said...

That video is still too hard to watch.

I remember the days that followed very well... and am so grateful Noah is still with us. Happy Alive Day and hugs to Noah and all of you.

 
At 8/24/2009 4:42 AM , Blogger Mrs Greyhawk said...

Happy Alive Day Noah!!!!, So happy Noah is with us and we now have beautiful little Tommy. Thank You Noah, for your service and doing your momma proud (and Dad too of course) Hugs and kisses to everyone.

 
At 8/24/2009 6:47 PM , Blogger Some Soldier's Mom said...

there were not many good things that came out of that period... but it marked the start of our cherished relationship with the wonderful Greyhawks and the indefatigable MaryAnn, and with Soldiers' Angels, Fisher House... those things, too, will not ever be forgotten.

 
At 9/02/2009 2:51 AM , Blogger Maggie Goff said...

I am sorry I'm late, SSM. God bless you, Noah, and your whole wonderful family. I pray for you and all whom you hold dear every day.

SSM, time for more pics of the awesome Tommy....
(smile)

 
At 9/03/2009 5:49 PM , Blogger Guard Wife said...

Joining late here too, but I always mark August as an important month for me b/c it's the first time I "got over" feeling goofy e-mailing someone whose blog I love. I remember how ridiculously nervous I was to press "send" on that initial e-mail I sent you so long ago, but if I hadn't, I wouldn't have been in the loop when August 23 rolled around. That video still hurts my head and my heart. {{Hugs}} to all of you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home