color: SOME SOLDIER'S MOM: A Noah Update... and THANK A SOLDIER WEEK

Monday, December 19, 2005

A Noah Update... and THANK A SOLDIER WEEK

I realized that I haven't given a Noah progress report in a while... so here goes.

Noah is doing great for a guy that was blown up 15 weeks ago. He recently received his medical release -- that is, returned to duty -- with a few restrictions including not returning to his unit for the balance of their deployment (whew for me!) His back & neck are better but he's not pain free nor completely healed yet. He has most of his hearing in one ear, but far less than normal hearing in the other. They're hopeful all that will be resolved with time. As long as he keeps up with the exercises for his back/neck he should continue to gain his strength back. He recently was ok'd to begin running again with a rucksack and he's working on improving his stamina... but it will take two days for every day he was away from his training to get his physical conditioning back, but he's determined to do it. It's very odd as a parent to celebrate that your child is now eligible to return to fighting the war -- oh, I know his Division is coming home (OUR GUYS ARE COMING HOME!!) and that Noah isn't going anywhere soon where people will be shooting at him or trying to blow him up (again)... Still, it's odd to have those Mom nerves cranked up that one little notch.

Right now, he's just anxious for the rest of the Guys to get home. That's been a whole adjustment in itself -- the being away from people you worked, trained and lived with for about two years... He just wants the brothers HOME (don't we all... and I'm sure not more than they want to get here!) In a short instant message from one of our Guys Saturday, they said so!

Mentally, I think Noah will be better once the Guys get home (we can only hope so.) He's trying to adjust to all that's happened in the past year (Lord! A Year???) Has been a hard, hard year for Noah... and all Our Guys. Hopefully, time will allow them all to heal...

(Stacy, I am keeping my fingers crossed and saying a prayer!!)

*********************

THANK
A SOLDIER WEEK

December 19-25, 2005 is THANK A SOLDIER WEEK. Go
HERE to send a message of thanks and support to our soldiers. And pass the word... The men and women of our Armed Services can not be thanked enough.
**********

Please go over to this entry at The Mudville Gazette and read this father's tribute to his fallen son. God Bless you, Mr. Stokley.
And Michael Yon says TURN UP THE VOLUME !! Visit his site for the link to a terrific video relating to the Iraqi election... very cool.
Copyright 2005. All rights reserved.

5 Comments:

At 12/19/2005 12:52 PM , Blogger Stacy said...

Thanks SSM. I too am keeping mine crossed also. I would be the happiest MOM in the US if my christmas present arrives before christmas day, but will take it whenever.

I have not been able to work today for the excitement. Thank goodness for such a wonderful boss. He was not expecting much work out of me for a couple of weeks anyway.

I will keep you posted.

 
At 12/19/2005 1:57 PM , Blogger DaddysGirl said...

I'm so happy for you that he's doing well! I hope that he gets his strength back as soon as possible. I'm glad the boys are coming home. I hope they return safe and sound. The link you have in this post is awesome. I've been there and sent a thank you. These men are amazing!

 
At 12/19/2005 7:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure it will do wonders for Noah to be reunited with his unit. Thanks for the update.

 
At 12/20/2005 7:47 AM , Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Glad to hear Noah is doing well. Sounds like he is very motivated towards his rehab, which is more than half the battle.

Just tell him not to over do it yet! Sometimes it's hard to convince those younger guys they aren't superman when they try and make up for lost training.

God bless him, and thanks for your site!

 
At 12/20/2005 1:46 PM , Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

Thanks for the update. I have been thinking about our soldiers.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home