color: SOME SOLDIER'S MOM: Spouses Serve, Too

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Spouses Serve, Too

Since I've been blogging I have received a number of emails from other military parents to commiserate, for advice, to share their stories.
And just as I have a kinship with these parents, my friend Andi has received a lot of email from frustrated spouses, especially reserve and National Guard spouses who find themselves with a deployed spouse but without the local military infrastructure or support system available to active-duty spouses. So my friends Andi, ArmyWife, Melinda and a number of military spouses are attempting to fill that void, and bring milspouses together with SpouseBUZZ, a great new blog devoted exclusively to life from the perspective of a milspouse. It’s not a Milblog per se, no politics, no military strategy, etc.. The blog will focus solely on milspouse issues. The authors are incredible, and I’m sure they will provide a lot of support for their fellow military spouses.

So if you're a military spouse, pop on over to a place devoted to supporting you in the “virtual” sense.

Because Spouses serve too….

www.spousebuzz.com

3 Comments:

At 9/20/2006 10:38 AM , Blogger Rachelle Jones said...

SSM,

Thank you so much for the note last nite...sweet as always.

I think this is very important. I as a National Guard spouse, 12 hours away from family, was SO RELIVED and PLEASED to find like minded individuals online.

I would have never made it 18 months without all yawl I swear!!

 
At 9/20/2006 4:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the plug, mom. And, as Army Wife said, the very sweet email you sent.

Now, relax a bit before tomorrow.....

 
At 9/21/2006 7:34 PM , Blogger Melinda said...

So glad things went well this a.m.

Keep us posted if the video becomes available!! :o)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home