color: SOME SOLDIER'S MOM: Fasting with the Family of Sgt. Michael Stokley

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Fasting with the Family of Sgt. Michael Stokley

If you haven't read or heard about this yet, those of us who support the mission in Iraq and Afghanistan also have a "Rolling Fast" -- but ours is a Rolling VICTORY Fast ...

Today is the anniversary of the death of Sgt. Michael Stokley, the beloved and cherished son of Robert Stokley and his family, and I -- and many, many others -- are joining Robert in a fast today to honor Sgt. Mike and all that he stood for... fought for... and died for.
I have always felt a special kinship with Robert as a parent... of course, I cannot truly imagine his grief, but I understand completely the love for his child. It is especially meaningful to me because Sgt. Mike and I share a birthday.


Robert has written a moving tribute to his son over at the Tanker Bros. site... Please take a moment to read the tribute and to leave Robert and the Stokley family a message of support on this most difficult day.

We are with you Robert. We will remember Michael always.

Carla
Some Soldier's Mom


Feel free to sign up for a day -- or two -- of the fast... in honor of our soldiers. It will do your body -- and your spirit -- good. You can order one of these t-shirts from Melinda at Most Certainly Not... all profits go to Soldier's Angels!!

Copyright Some Soldier's Mom 2006. All rights reserved.

4 Comments:

At 8/17/2006 7:40 AM , Blogger Stacy said...

You look great. I need to call so that we can catch up. I have been so busy, and don't know when a break is going to come.

 
At 8/17/2006 4:31 PM , Blogger Kat said...

Cool t-shirt... looks JUST LIKE one I got! LOL! *hugs*

 
At 8/20/2006 4:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

K - gotta get me one too!

 
At 8/21/2006 6:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pic, Mom.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home