color: SOME SOLDIER'S MOM: World Trade Center (the movie)

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

World Trade Center (the movie)

Definitely a must see (of course I viewed it with a slightly skewed perspective...)
For me, being able to recognize (fondly) all the landmarks and bridges and street scenes made the whole movie more personal... especially the Port Authority Bus Terminal where the movie starts was like being in my neighborhood -- I've walked it so many times. My memories of NYC that day are vivid, but it was surprising how many of the scenes made me remember things I'd forgotten... A wonderfully told story with no politicking (a first for Ollie Stone). Worth seeing.
My only comments? Not enough dust... Not enough red (fire glow)... and not enough of the sense of community New Yorkers and the world shared that day (and for a time after) until too late in the movie. Don't wait for the DVD... it's worth seeing on the big screen.
JUST DON'T FORGET WHO BROUGHT THOSE BUILDINGS DOWN ('cause Ollie never mentions it)

4 Comments:

At 8/11/2006 10:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely something I want to see. It's important that we not forget.

BTW, I saw this site and thought of you. I hope they reach their goal. It's important to remember those lost on 9/11. Here's a link to this person's site who is trying to get people to agree to post a tribute for 1 of the 2996 people lost in the Trade Center towers attack. Interesting idea, and an amazing undertaking. Anyway, here's the link: http://www.dcroe.com/2996/

Thanks for your postings.

 
At 8/12/2006 4:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't imagine how much more intense the feelings you must have because you've lived in the area of the trade center. The fact that it was "home" for you. I know how much those attacks have affected me, and I've not ever been there.
I enjoy your site. Thank you for your sacrifice as a parent of soldiers. And for raising them to want to serve their country in such a way. Thank you... and thank them!!

 
At 8/12/2006 11:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow.

 
At 8/14/2006 11:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonder why it's not showing any comments on this post... when there are some?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home