color: SOME SOLDIER'S MOM: Just Absolutely Green with Envy

Friday, September 14, 2007

Just Absolutely Green with Envy

Some of my milblogger friends got to meet with the President earlier today... YES, of the United States!! (I was sworn to secrecy!!) All I can say is I hope I get on the list for the next time!

Go to Milblogs and follow the links to those blog sites... 'cause there is some stuff that seriously is worth reading. And be sure to check back over the next few days as these bloggers tell you all that they learned in a rather lengthy and forthright conversation with the POTUS.

Green
with envy is an understatement -- not 'cause I am some fanatic for the President, but I do hold with his views on the importance of Iraq and generally on the War on Terror... waiting to see if any of the milbloggers asked the questions I might have asked and to see what the President responded.

8 Comments:

At 9/14/2007 8:26 PM , Blogger Rachelle Jones said...

I am envious as well. Do you think I could shut my mouth long enough for us to sneak past secret service?

Yeah, I didn't think so....

 
At 9/14/2007 8:40 PM , Blogger Some Soldier's Mom said...

of course you (we) could!

and you, darlin', would have sparkled as one of the brightest stars in the room -- well, after Mrs. G and B5 (that will get him!)...

maybe the rest of us can get a meet up with Laura and talk "girl stuff" (like better pay, better healthcare, better wounded care, TBI, PTSD... you know the stuff AFTER the battle??)

 
At 9/14/2007 8:44 PM , Blogger joyce said...

Fantastic ! And some cool new pro-military blogs to read ! Yippeee !

I would not know what to say and I would probably be so nervous that I would forget my own name. So, no, I am not green with envy---I am just so glad military blogs are making it into the oval office. If it were not for blogs and the internet, so many good stories would be lost.

 
At 9/15/2007 2:55 PM , Blogger Stacy said...

I too am envious of them. We can at least say that we know some folks who have sat around a table with our President...

 
At 9/15/2007 9:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not only did MilBlogs make it into the Oval office, this was the first time ever a President has met with Bloggers. This was history in the making, and I'm honored to have been a part of it.

Curious to know what questions you might have asked, I'm sure they would have been very good ones. Unfortunately not all of us were able to ask questions, and a hour was not long enough, let's hope next time (and there will be a next time, I'm sure)we can get more time.

 
At 9/16/2007 12:29 AM , Blogger THIRDWAVEDAVE said...

Mom,
I'm pretty sure you'll be at the table with the POTUS next time around. You deserve to be there.

Bless you for all your service to country.

 
At 9/17/2007 7:49 PM , Blogger Sarge Charlie said...

In reading about you I got to tell you thanks from a thankful old soldier. It sounds to me like you have done your share.

 
At 9/18/2007 11:56 AM , Blogger kbug said...

Awesome!!!! How cool is that!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home