color: SOME SOLDIER'S MOM: Noah Coming Home!!??

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Noah Coming Home!!??

Back in January of this year, just a week after our son, Noah, deployed to Iraq, I wrote Every Parent’s Nightmare in which I said

I believe that it is every parent's nightmare that something will happen to their child and that they can't get there. My sleeping and waking nightmare is hearing any of my children crying out for me and I'm not able to get to them… I could not bear the thought that there might be an emergency and I would not be there when my child needed me.
And, of course, that call on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 confirmed that nightmare tenfold!! This has been a truly taxing and nerve-racking experience – and we’re just 5 days into the journey!
We have been blessed that Noah’s injuries were far less drastic than originally thought, and his Command called to tell us that Noah might be shipped back to the U.S. this next week to an Army medical facility to continue treatment and rehabilitation!! (We know he won’t be especially happy with returning stateside – principally because we know he is adamant that he get back with his unit. Be that as it may…)

We have not yet heard what the diagnosis is, what the prognosis is, what the treatment may be and how long his expected recovery might be. (Willie and Mary Ann from Soldiers Angels did visit with him today and they tell me "he is doing fine.") Whatever the details of the Army's “plan,” I (and probably other family) will travel to wherever Noah’s final destination is and stay as long as I/we can be useful to him.
We have had many inquiries of how people can help... Soldiers Angels has information for those that would like to donate to defray the costs of our upcoming travel and stay to be with Noah while he mends and with other expenses that may arise in connection with Noah's continuing care... Any funds not used will be donated to Soldiers Angels and other organizations that support our soldiers.

Many have asked where they can send cards and letters to Noah:
Noah P Wounded Warrior
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
We thank you all again from the bottom of our hearts for your prayers and compassion and affection. We have been overwhelmed by the outpouring of support...
Copyright 2005. All rights reserved.

12 Comments:

At 8/27/2005 11:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear this. I will light a candle for you and your family. It was good to see the link to Soldiers Angels. I sew quilts for them to send to wounded soldiers. I hope Noah is able to get his Blanket of Hope!

 
At 8/28/2005 8:15 AM , Blogger Melinda said...

SSM,
Thank you for the continuing updates.

I'm glad Soldiers' Angels has been able to step up & help in such a meaningful way. There are very few things I have ever been more proud to be a part of than Soldiers' Angels. Also, can't recall anything I've joined that made me feel more blessed.

I love the photo of Noah that you're using on this post. Thanks also for an address to send him a card!

{{Hugs}}}

 
At 8/28/2005 8:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure you are looking forward to Noah's arrival in the states. Jen's right, a hug will be excellent medicine - for both of you.

I know that Noah's anxious to return to his unit, but he needs to concentrate on mending. As hard as it is for him to be away from his comrades, the best thing he can do for them right now is to heal properly.

Keep us updated.

D.C. (((Hugs)))

 
At 8/28/2005 10:15 AM , Blogger Kat said...

THANK YOU for that mailing address. I will get something in the mail to him ASAP.

 
At 8/28/2005 11:57 AM , Blogger Sue said...

Thanks for sharing the update in what must have been the most atrocious week you have gone through. Reading about Noah's injuries made me feel as if a family member was injured, and now seeing his picture - he looks so much like my nephew, it took my breath away.

I know it's not what he wanted (to return stateside) but I am glad he's getting such excellent care and that you will be with him soon. I will send a card as well and hope that his recovery continues to surpass every expectation.

 
At 8/28/2005 12:37 PM , Blogger Rachelle Jones said...

The interaction you have had in yourself this week...

well it will be here for someone to read. It will help another wife, maybe Noah will read it and it will help him to.

It is a terrible thing that has happenned to your son, not something that "everyone" will understand or get. Kinda like going to the moon...

So we will continue praying for Noah as well as your family, and Noahs Brothers in Arms......

Thanks for sharing this, again....and being honest about all of it...

 
At 8/28/2005 12:37 PM , Blogger Rachelle Jones said...

The interaction you have had in yourself this week...

well it will be here for someone to read. It will help another wife, maybe Noah will read it and it will help him to.

It is a terrible thing that has happenned to your son, not something that "everyone" will understand or get. Kinda like going to the moon...

So we will continue praying for Noah as well as your family, and Noahs Brothers in Arms......

Thanks for sharing this, again....and being honest about all of it...

 
At 8/28/2005 2:07 PM , Blogger Sean Dustman said...

Whew! Glad he's alright! They ship most people back to the states when they go to Germany.

 
At 8/28/2005 7:05 PM , Blogger LoveMyTanker said...

Thank you for the update! Thinking of you each day!

 
At 8/28/2005 9:45 PM , Blogger sparrow said...

Still in our prayers! Please keep us updated!

Love.

 
At 8/28/2005 9:55 PM , Blogger NannyKaren said...

I am still praying for Noah, and will continue. Hang In There MoM!
{{{HUGS}}}

 
At 8/28/2005 10:56 PM , Blogger devildog6771 said...

Our Michael came home; but, he did not come home to us safe and well. Every time a soldier survives as your son has, I thank God and I know a part of Mike's soul has come home too. God Bless you and your son. I am so happy for you. I get paid in a few days, I will gladly send what I can. It won't be much, but it will be from the heart. Take care. I will keep you in my prayers and I will put something on my blog to try to drum up more support for you all.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home