color: SOME SOLDIER'S MOM: I'm Ready for Santa... and Our Guys

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

I'm Ready for Santa... and Our Guys

a new ornament for Noah... I just can't resist any of the Noah's ark things... this ornament is painted on the INSIDE


on the fireplace mantel... it's an ornament -- but you'd have to have one hardy tree to hang that bear on! we put Noah's name and the year on the back of the kevlar... I'm looking to add a little bandaid, too...

we are thinking of lots of people this Christmas... we added stockings for all Our Guys....
and this dang song still is making me tear up every time I hear it (which seems to be at least once a day)

I'll be home for Christmas;
You can count on me.
Please have snow and mistletoe
And presents on the tree
Christmas Eve will find me
Where the love-light gleams.
I'll be home for Christmas
If only in my dreams.

Written by Kim Gannon, Walter Kent, and Buck Ram

but Our Guys tell me they got their dates... tentative dates -- but they have their RETURN DATES!! WHOOHOO! Soon (not soon enough) but soon!

Copyright 2005. All rights reserved.

7 Comments:

At 12/21/2005 11:44 AM , Blogger THIRDWAVEDAVE said...

Mom,
I do hope the "dates" are soon. Have a wonderful, and merry, Christmas. Always think of you and Noah.

Dave

 
At 12/21/2005 1:09 PM , Blogger Anna said...

SSMom,
May you have your guys home soon. You are all in our prayers and wishes for a very Merry Christmas!

 
At 12/21/2005 1:24 PM , Blogger barb pfister said...

At least they have a date. They will be home soon. Have a Merry Cristmas.

Barb

 
At 12/21/2005 1:54 PM , Blogger Stacy said...

Nothing sweeter than that date. The little bear is too cute. I can't wait to show off my tree. Soon, real soon...

 
At 12/21/2005 2:22 PM , Blogger Maggie Goff said...

Sitting here all misty eyed. God bless you all.

 
At 12/21/2005 6:49 PM , Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

Let me add a WHOOHOO!
Pretty Christmas trimmins

 
At 12/23/2005 4:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bought that little bear too! Actually I bought one for home and sent one to Iraq with alot of other ornaments and tree for their Christmas over there

Are you from PA? I remember reading this site awhile ago and while I can't find the reference now I thought that you were

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home