color: SOME SOLDIER'S MOM: BAND OF BLOGGERS (A Television Project)

Sunday, September 24, 2006

BAND OF BLOGGERS (A Television Project)

From my email...
It is time to move on to Phase II of the BAND OF BLOGGERS (working title) project.
As a refresher, I am the creator and executive producer of the Military Channel series BATTLEFIELD DIARIES. I am currently developing this as a new two-hour special for major international release that will utilize stories written by past and present MilBloggers, supported by video & still images personally shot by the troops. So what I need now are some specific stories written by interested Bloggers who are ready to share their experiences IN THEIR OWN WORDS with television & theater audiences worldwide. No censoring, no political/military agenda or media slant. Just your true accounts of life at war. Stories of hope, heroes, loss, grief, joy, humanity, recovery, frustration, relief, action, downtime, boredom, funny situations or just what life is really like inside and outside the wire. Nothing is out of bounds! The good, the bad, or the ugly. Fire-fights, missions, being homesick, FOB BBQs, best buds, being naughty,practical jokes, or training, helping & interacting with Iraqi civilians/children/police/military... anything that has a story to it or will be visually compelling & interesting.
But I need to act quickly as I must present the broadcasters some sample stories in 2 weeks! (Note: Sending in a story does not guarantee its use in any program. We will notify the authors of the stories we would like to use prior to moving forward with them.) This is a team effort! I'd even like it if the MilBloggers would read their own stories in the production...
Please send in your favorite stories, (1-3 per person is fine), so we can start going through them right away. We'll notify everyone ASAP with news of the first two-hour special, which we hope will turn into a series and a DVD release. So even if your submission isn't used for the first special, we hope to make this a long-running series in order to tell as many amazing stories as possible. You men and women deserve no less!

And to everyone who has already sent me some video and/or stills, thanks. If you are in the process of, or planning to send me video and your release, please do so at your earliest convenience. We're in the home stretch!! Please let me know if you have any questions. My number is below. Call or e-mail anytime. Thank you and stay safe.

Sincerely,
Brian Leonard
President & Executive Producer of Normandy Films
W/C: 203-915-7080 Fax: 203-649-5048
normandyfilms@mac.com
Please visit www.NormandyFilms.tv

2 Comments:

At 9/24/2006 10:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so cool! I hope you are a part of it. I am more then halfway through Blog of War and then I'm starting Operation Homecoming. Great books! I can't wait to dig into the other one!

 
At 9/26/2006 9:20 PM , Blogger kbug said...

Well, hell, that means I'll have to subscribe to digital cable to get the Military Channel in order to watch it...bummer... :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home