color: SOME SOLDIER'S MOM: I am not ready. I will never be ready....

Friday, November 17, 2006

I am not ready. I will never be ready....

IMMEDIATE RELEASE
No. 1169-06 November 17, 2006


DoD Announces Units for Next Operation Iraqi Freedom Rotation

The Department of Defense announced today the first of the major units scheduled to deploy as part of the next Operation Iraqi Freedom rotation. This announcement involves one Army division headquarters and five Army combat brigades consisting of approximately 20,000 service members. The scheduled rotation for the forces identified in this announcement will begin in early 2007.

Force levels in Iraq continue to be conditions-based, and are determined based on the recommendations of military commanders in Iraq and in consultation with the Iraqi government. U.S. force rotations will be tailored based upon changes in the security situation. Iraqi security forces continue to develop capability and assume responsibility for security in Iraq.

This rotation continues the U.S. commitment to the stability and security of Iraq, yet is flexible and adaptable in order to meet the evolving requirements for the mission.

For Operation Iraqi Freedom, the major units announced today are:

3rd Infantry Division Headquarters, Fort Stewart, Ga.
4th Brigade, 1st Infantry Division, Fort Riley, Ks.
4th Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division, Fort Lewis, Wa.
3rd Brigade, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Benning, Ga.
1st Brigade, 82nd Airborne Division, Fort Bragg, N.C
173rd Airborne Brigade, Vicenza, Italy

The department also alerted approximately 27,000 active duty and 10,000 reserve component troops in combat support and combat service support units smaller than brigade-size elements for deployment beginning in 2007.

DoD will continue to announce major unit deployments as they are identified and those units are alerted. The individual services will announce the smaller, supporting units for this rotation.
I am not ready. I will never be ready. I am a soldier's mom -- just some soldier's mom -- but I am not ready.

7 Comments:

At 11/17/2006 5:48 PM , Blogger Stacy said...

I know this is not the news that you wanted to get, especially so close to the Holidays.

I don't think that we wil ever be ready for another deployment. We will be here for you.

 
At 11/18/2006 8:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a mother of a soldier who is also being deployed to Iraq, I am with you heart and soul. My son just returned from Afghanistan in September of last year and I was soooo not ready for this. God bless you and all of our other Mothers dealing with this. God bless our Troops world wide and all of their loved ones.

 
At 11/18/2006 10:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand your feelings completely. My daughter is in Iraq right now. She left Ft. Hood the beginning of October. She gets 2 weeks R&R in March and will be home October 2007.

 
At 11/18/2006 11:19 AM , Blogger Melinda said...

{{Hugs}}, SSM. I'm unable to figure out a way to prepare or be ready whether it's the first time, the second time or the fourth time. It's too hard to wrap a mind around.

Thinking of you. Hit me up e-mail-wise when you need me.

 
At 11/18/2006 4:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are here for you SSM. Someday we will all breathe easy again...someday.
{{{{{BIG HUG}}}}}

 
At 11/19/2006 6:31 PM , Blogger Rachelle Jones said...

ughhh...I get this

 
At 11/20/2006 9:02 PM , Blogger kbug said...

I know this isn't what you wanted to hear...no mother of a soldier does. I'm sorry it's happening again, but unfortunately, it is a fact of military life right now. Seth was told months ago that his unit would be returning again in 2008, and he's still over there. I guess it's better when it doesn't sneak up on you...but it doesn't make it any easier to watch them leave. May the angels keep him safe when he leaves again...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home