color: SOME SOLDIER'S MOM: It's Worse Than He Imagined

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

It's Worse Than He Imagined

So I got to IM with our soldier this morning (night his time). He arrived at his camp earlier today and says it's worse than even the pictures the guys painted in their emails (sigh). No mail was waiting, but he is anxious for our packages to arrive. He brought his buds cigarettes and he said he's almost never seen them with bigger smiles... There are two hot meals a day (one in the morning and one in the evening) but if you're out on a mission or you miss it for some other reason, it's MREs. They are sleeping in buildings dormitory style. That was all there was time for... except he missed us and he sends his love to all.
And so it goes...
Copyright 2005. All rights reserved.

5 Comments:

At 7/19/2005 2:55 PM , Blogger Stacy said...

I am so glad that you finally heard from him. I sure hate the thought of what type of quarters they are in, and the location. I will keep checking on them through you.

 
At 7/19/2005 7:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me, too. Bigs hugs to you and your, Mom.

 
At 7/19/2005 7:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Crap! Don't know why I didn't preview...

 
At 7/19/2005 8:52 PM , Blogger Some Soldier's Mom said...

Miss Birdy -- I know just whatcha mean -- it always happens the time I don't preview! but I catch yr drift :-D

 
At 7/20/2005 9:17 AM , Blogger Melinda said...

Miss Birdy, I did that the other day too & had a grammatical error...despise those!

Oh, Mom! Hate to hear that as it sounded pretty sparse before now. He's a brave boy, though, and once some love arrives from home, they will be able to McGyver some things to make it more liveable.

You know where to find me when you need me. {{Hugs}}

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home