color: SOME SOLDIER'S MOM: Damn. Just Damn.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Damn. Just Damn.

On the 8th of April I was notified by LTC Q (3rd Brigade Rear-Detachment Commander) that our Battalion has suffered the loss of two of our soldiers from B/2-69 AR. The soldiers lost their lives while conducting combat operations in Iraq. The next of kin of our fallen soldiers have been notified. I ask you for your prayers for these Sledgehammer soldiers and their families.

I ask for your prayers, too. Will update with info on our Heroes when available.

Update:

DoD Identifies Army Casualties

The Department of Defense announced today the death of two soldiers who were supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom. They died April 8 in Baghdad, Iraq, when their unit came in contact with enemy forces using an improvised explosive device and small arms fire. They were assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 69th Armor Regiment, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Benning, Ga.

Killed were:

Staff Sgt. Harrison Brown, 31, of Prichard, Ala.
Pfc. David N. Simmons, 20, of Kokomo, Ind.

I ask your prayers for the families of SSG Brown and PFC Simmons... and for all our Soldiers and Marines, Sailors and Airmen who serve so bravely and whose families serve as well.

7 Comments:

At 4/09/2007 6:46 PM , Blogger Stacy said...

Dang SSM. My heart goes out to these two families and the unit.

 
At 4/10/2007 12:19 AM , Blogger 8675309 said...

Prayers spoken even now.

 
At 4/10/2007 7:41 AM , Blogger kbug said...

How it must break your heart to have to post this. My heart aches for their families and the friends they leave behind. I pray that God will grant them peace.

 
At 4/10/2007 7:53 AM , Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

Prayers going your way SSM. Praying for all of our troops to stay safe and to come home soon.

 
At 4/10/2007 6:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband is in 3rd Battalion but we have friends in all sections. I was scared to even open this. God Bless their families and help them pull through this. They are all in my prayers.

 
At 4/12/2007 6:33 AM , Blogger coyoteradiotheater said...

I was sorry to read about this. My prayers go out to these families and their squad buddies.

Granny J. sent me over to your blog, which I'm very much liking.

Is it okay if I link to it on our Local Bloggers page?

http://www.coyoteradio.org/

 
At 4/13/2007 10:22 AM , Blogger Scott said...

I'm very sorry for your lose... and I hope all those affected start the long road to recovery...

I recently referenced your blog in a post I made about military families... check it out:

http://warperspectives.blogspot.com/

Scott

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home