color: SOME SOLDIER'S MOM: Cool Videos... and Bubbles!

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Cool Videos... and Bubbles!

So, if you thought the pictures of that giant sandstorm in Iraq a few weeks ago were awesome, then you are positively going to LOVE this video (be sure to watch it to the end -- it's worth it!) This video really illustrates the magnitude and speed of these sandstorms and what our troops endure in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Then, for a great video of the Army's Year in Pictures 2004, watch this one...
Sure made me proud! Now I can't wait for the 2005 version to see my son and his division and those serving in OIF III !!
Spent the morning at a local flea market... picked up all kinds of useful things for my guys: fly swatters, DCU do-rags with sewn in terry sweat bands for under their kevlars (and the vendor was so excited that they were going to 3ID guys that he gave me 20 at his cost! THANKS CODY!!), neckerchiefs, disposable dust masks, boxes of 1,000 toothpicks, DVDs, CDs... This will be some care package this week!
I missed a few IMs while out but also had a few emails... A few weeks ago I had packed a box full of little squirt guns, nerf balls, and bottles of bubbles (you know, the kind with the little wand to blow bubbles)... It was meant as the "stress reliever" package so the guys could blow off some steam and have a laugh. Apparently the bubbles were quite a hit not only with the guys, but with the IA and IP guys who wanted them for their kids, so they'd like me to send some more... I get such a huge grin just thinking about all these tough guys blowing bubbles at each other and the Iraqi kids!!! I hope someone took pictures!
It's always nice to be able to write about the lighter side occasionally!
Copyright 2005. All rights reserved.

4 Comments:

At 5/17/2005 6:11 AM , Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

So that's a sandstorm. It reminded me of some snow blizzards I have seen. That would stop you dead in your tracks...unbelievable.

 
At 5/17/2005 12:14 PM , Blogger Rachelle Jones said...

love finding things to send in the care packages. My husband's favorite treat was ensalada....the hot and spicy kind. He would save it and share it for celebrations.

 
At 5/18/2005 10:44 AM , Blogger StoicMom said...

Love da bubbles.

 
At 5/18/2005 11:40 AM , Blogger THIRDWAVEDAVE said...

That's some freaky weather!! Thanks for posting it, Mom.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home