color: SOME SOLDIER'S MOM: Howdy & Hurl News

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Howdy & Hurl News

Two of my favorite milbloggers, Howdy & Hurl... have been incommunicado for a few days... their web sites temporarily unavailable. These are two rotorheads (helicopter pilots) blogging from Iraq with intelligent, compelling and current news of the war on terrorism! Not to mention they are also articulate and witty as well. I think they are powerful and positive voices of our presence in the ME. I miss them!!
Well, H&H tell me "that the blogs were shut down... Not sure yet if it will be temporary or permanent. Some higher-ups felt that OpSec [operational security] had been violated, and H&H have been working to "calm the storm a bit" and "convince them [them being chain of command] that all operational info... posted was several days after the events, as well as available in the press." Hurl "thinks we (Howdy and myself) may be up soon.... "
Hurl continues, "My hope is that people will see that we are not merely getting attacked and beat-up all the time, but we are taking the fight to them and winning. But there is a cost..."
So here's hoping that my #2 and #3 most favorite whirly boys (naturally, the Dear Husband is #1) are back on the blog scene real soon. Hurry back guys!
And you can check to see when they're back at
and
Copyright 2005. All rights reserved.

3 Comments:

At 5/23/2005 9:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hpe those dudes get clearance. Always days old stuff but good.

 
At 5/25/2005 10:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Soldier's Mom, send me an email at mohsenib5 atsign hotmail.com with a reply address about this topic.

m.

 
At 5/28/2005 6:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post. I have been waiting for their sites to come back up. Figures - you find something you really like and it disappears. Prayers and well wishes going out to both. Julie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home