color: SOME SOLDIER'S MOM: Just Stuff...

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Just Stuff...

Civilized people who worship a God of goodness and healing could not even contemplate such things... BASTARDS
Two weeks to the day when terrorist attacks in London killed a total of 56 people, explosions struck three Underground stations and a bus Thursday afternoon... Any news site has more...
So if there are still people who believe we should try and "understand" these reprobates, get a grip... This is their mission -- to exterminate you and your way of life. No democracy. No free market. Simply stated: the end of life as you know it. That's it. No higher or altruistic goal.
*****************
A 51 yr old mother... volunteered for OIF duty... that's Candy Martin. Here's her blog
http://cmartinw4.blogspot.com/

What is most interesting, however, is that Candy's husband was 17 year career Army... and her son (Tom Martin) just graduated West Point! He went Green (enlisted) to Grey (USMA Cadet) to Gold (officer!) Here's his blog
http://www.tommym1080.com/journal/index.htm
I keep telling people that they should let us moms go over there and we'd cook, clean and keep those guys in line LOL... and you know they'd never let nothin' happen to their mommas!

*******************

I ordered some new quick dry undershirts for my son last week and they were shipped within 2 days... But I get the confirmation email from the company and UPS and they tell me they are scheduled for delivery (here) next Thursday... 12 days? I get mail to my soldier in 12-14 days 1/2 way across the world... Where are these shirts coming from? Iraq? I haven't heard from the boot company when the new desert boots will arrive although they did confirm they are "processing" the order... nor have I heard when the rank insignias and poncho liner will get here but they, too, are "processing" the order. I usually give these places a few days to process the order, but then I'm all over them if I haven't been told the stuff has shipped (I'd hate to think that any of these places that deal in military goods for soldiers were taking advantage of them, huh?)

**********************

I'm very excited that the shuttle Discovery is back on a schedule for launch on July 26 http://www.nasa.gov/returntoflight/main/index.html?skipIntro=1 (Go figger -- NASA can fix the shuttle and put it in orbit in a shorter period of time than it takes to get the t-shirts!)!

***********************

Going to get a haircut today-- (I keep it pretty short), then DH & I are going to see "Fantastic Four" and dinner at our favorite sports bar... A "Pamper US" kind of day...

**************************

Got an interesting mathematics lesson at You Must Be Kidding (www.youmbkidding.blogspot.com) on the new study out by Iraqi Body Count...

****************************

Have you been in the stores recently? They have the friggin' back to school stuff out! (and have for a few weeks)! And Fall (winter) clothing! What is that about? I guess it's not so early here since kids go back to school in AZ in August and the colleges start in August as well... but it sure feels strange since our kids always went back to school the Wednesday after Labor Day in NY (but they went to school until the end of June!) And every September I still feel like I should be getting ready myself to go back to school...

***************************

I must admit that our spring into summer was so busy -- we'd gotten into a routine of shopping and shipping packages to the Guys in Iraq, helping family move, graduation, wedding, visiting family and then R&R... But there was a pattern to it and goals/targets. Now I find it's taking me some time to get back into a rhythm since our son left... I've decided to start painting the rooms in the house... and pull out the carpet in a powder room and replace it with stone or slate tiles. I like to undertake these projects myself... Of course, DH has input (color) and he sincerely wants to help (he has his own projects), but I love putting on some music and getting lost in the work and my thoughts. And there's something about seeing the results of hard work at the end of the day... and the feeling that you accomplished something and are still moving forward... I have almost a year to fill before the deployment ends. As someone noted in the comments the other day, back to the good news/bad news/no news roller coaster ride associated with deployments...

*******************

Matthew 7:15-23, we find the guideline for determining false prophets:
"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Copyright 2005. All rights reserved.

3 Comments:

At 7/21/2005 1:03 PM , Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

Enjoy yourself on your pampering night out.

 
At 7/21/2005 10:42 PM , Blogger RebeccaMcCormick said...

Just wanted you to know I'm hangin' in there with you! Glad you got a night out. We had some really strange weather here.

 
At 7/16/2008 2:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The coolmax shirt company has changed. It is no longer coolmaxclothing. It's new website is www.coolclothingusa.com and they have a great supply of moisture wicking clothing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home