color: SOME SOLDIER'S MOM: MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Saturday, July 30, 2005

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I am certain that today there was no other sound in the world that could make me smile... I turned off the vacuum -- was that a "moo"? and as I approach the pc, up pops the screen, with "Hey, ma!" Are there two more glorious words in the whole world today??? I didn't realize just how wound out I was until tears sprang to my eyes as I sat to type...

July 30, 2005

SoldierSon: hey ma!
SoldiersMom: hey kid! long time no hear!!
SoldierSon: yeah been real busy
SoldierSon: I need ciggerettessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
SoldiersMom: I sent 2 boxes with cigs in them... how many have you gotten?
SoldierSon: 4 total so far
SoldiersMom: how many had cigs in them?
SoldierSon: one box had cigs
SoldiersMom: ok, there is a second already posted 10 days ago -- so any time now...
SoldierSon: kk
SoldierSon: write everyone that I miss them, and did u call goo about my camera
SoldiersMom: yeah.. I'll call again... there's a total of 13+/- boxes to you already... and some to V... some to R and M
SoldierSon: dang
SoldiersMom: and aunt k sent boxes... and aunt L was having a blast shopping for you (at least 3 or 4 boxes coming from her...)
SoldiersMom: and some army wives and moms that I have become friends with also sent food and stuff
SoldierSon: kool… bless them
SoldiersMom: and cousin k (uncle r's daughter) has organized HER WHOLE CHURCH to send you guys boxes which should start by mid-august!
SoldierSon: dang! dang! dang! we can use all we get...
SoldiersMom: well, we guess you've been OUT? haven't heard from you in a week... was worried... saw lots of crap happening W and NW of you...
SoldierSon: YESSSSSSSSSSSS
SoldierSon: been busyyy really busyyy good and bad busy
SoldierSon: yeah and a lot mo sh*t happening where we are
SoldiersMom: ok... just glad you're ok... so does this mean you get another CIB LOL?
SoldierSon: no... just one, and I gtg
SoldiersMom: I'll send cigs again this week... I also sent a box of cake, cookies, muffins, etc. (they're vacuum packed)
SoldiersMom: LOVE YOU!!
SoldiersMom: stay safe
SoldierSon: I gtg lov u tons ma mmmwahs
SoldierSon signed off at 10:58:17 AM.

and while I'm having this IM, another screen pops up and it's one of my other Guys...

Vsoldier: hiya mom
SoldiersMom: hey!!! so glad to finally hear from you!!
Vsoldier: hey mom how you doing
SoldiersMom: ok... have you guys been OUT?
Vsoldier: yea few times ... your boy's been out a lot... way more then me... gone most the week
SoldiersMom: well, we haven't seen any of you online and were worried...
Vsoldier: oh mom btw tell Catherine (from PA) thanks for that package … so kool
SoldiersMom: her son Dan is there... was a HUMMVV driver -- he gets to the Box this month and they decide they're going to make him a tank driver! LOL
Vsoldier: good times... he's safer... and we love them tanks!
SoldiersMom: you'll also be seeing stuff from mississippi and louisiana... some army wives and moms that boys/guys don't need anything at the moment said if you need, they send... so LOTS of stuff coming your way... aunt k sent, too...
Vsoldier: so awesome nice we are still thought of... love it... I gtg mom take care mwahs and hugs love ya
SoldiersMom: be safe love you V
Vsoldier signed off at 10:56:17 AM.
I will sleep well tonight... well, as well as you can sleep when someone you love is in harm's way... Thank you all for the wonderful messages of support and encouragement... You are the BEST!
Copyright 2005. All rights reserved.

8 Comments:

At 7/30/2005 1:12 PM , Blogger Stacy said...

I shed some tears of joy with you. I am so glad that you heard from them. That moo never sounded better I am sure. I was all during the night last night trying to chat with my son, but the haji internet service just would not allow but a word here and there, so we finally gave up around 0500 this morning.

Thanks for letting them know that they have packages coming from MS.

 
At 7/30/2005 1:49 PM , Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

Praise God. I am so glad they are all okay and I am glad that V agreed that a tank is better than a humvee. I like to hear Dan is safer by someone who should know, other than Dan. Dan always says don't worry.
I will be sending another package there way this week. God Bless them all.
Did your son smoke before he went to the sand? Dan never did, now he is telling me to send cigs. He says everyone smokes. He said they go outside and BS and smoke. He says they call it smoke and joke. I guess they must be joking and laughing while they are smoking? It is another way of passing the time. I guess?

 
At 7/30/2005 2:33 PM , Blogger Melinda said...

Thank goodness! Just got home and this is the FIRST place I came to--had to know if the computer went MOO.

So glad you heard from him and that the boxes are arriving.

I'll keep praying. :)

Here's to a more restful night's sleep tonight!

 
At 7/30/2005 2:45 PM , Blogger Some Soldier's Mom said...

he didn't smoke before he went into the Army... and then he smoked around his buds mostly... He didn't start smoking regularly until he got to Iraq for the same smoke & joke, something to do, and the stress.

I thought about giving them THE LECTURE or not sending cigs to any of the Guys, but they have enough going on without all that... and I'm pretty sure I don't want the Guy that's got my son's "six" in withdrawal LOL

 
At 7/31/2005 6:18 AM , Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

I told Dan I didn't like sending cigs, but he said I'll quit once I get home. I hope so? I send them for the same reason. When he comes home I'll remind him of stopping the habit and how no good it is for him.

 
At 7/31/2005 10:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank Goodness you heard something! I teared up immediately when I saw the MOOOOO. Keeping all of you Moms and your brave sons and daughters in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you all.

 
At 8/01/2005 7:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear that you heard from your boys. I know your feelings all to well,my little brother is in Afghanistan and it's a killer waiting for phonecalls or emails from him. Gods blessing to you and your family.

 
At 8/01/2005 12:11 PM , Blogger debey said...

i tried to email you personally, but the email was returned...I've sent cigs to Iraq, before, I'll sure do it again...send me more info!!!

Our longest stretch was 14 days, with no communication...and no banking transactions, was my biggest clue, that there was a mission, goin on!!!...debey

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home