color: SOME SOLDIER'S MOM: I Love His Smile

Friday, July 22, 2005

I Love His Smile

When he got his Airborne wings...
(the coldest & wettest day in GA in 38 years!)

At the airport at the end of R&R July 2005


One of his favorite things... talking on the cell

I love to see my kids smile and I absolutely love to hear them laugh!! I can remember the first time I heard each of them laugh -- that laugh that seems to just bubble up out of them and explode into the air... the kind that you just can't help but laugh along... and the smile that makes you smile, too (even when you don't want to!) Oh, they all have those "other" smiles -- the "ok, so how do I get out of this one?" or the "I know what I'm getting for Christmas" smile and the "I think I might just get away with this" smile... and the "oh, oh... she knows" grin as well... But I love the "I am so happy" and the "I am so proud" smiles more than any other. These pics capture some of my most favorite smiles of my soldier, my son. They do make me smile, but at the same time they make me want to cry... I know that will make sense to lots of moms and wives and girlfriends with guys in the Sandbox or that had them there or that will be sending them there...

When I woke this morning, I was disappointed that I hadn't heard when an IM had come in from my son some time overnight with a list of things he and the guys needed... which closed with

keep sending them boxes, love ya maaa ur the best. really. the best. mwwaahs

it made me smile (which led to this post), but at the end of the message was the time stamp

signed off at 3:25:27 AM.

no big wonder that I didn't hear the "moooo"... I'm pretty much unconscious at that hour!

So, son, if you're reading this -- there's necessities and goodies on the way... packaged with love... lots of love... and smiles.

Copyright 2005. All rights reserved.




6 Comments:

At 7/22/2005 4:01 AM , Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

That is so beautiful. Nothing more handsome than a young man in a uniform. May God Bless our troops.
I loved Chris' story about meeting you.
Nice pictures...It is good to put a face with mom and son.

 
At 7/22/2005 5:09 AM , Blogger RebeccaMcCormick said...

Wow! I could adopt your son, too! You're right. Nothing takes the place of seeing those big smiles. Wayne's is very similar. Take a look!

 
At 7/22/2005 6:38 AM , Blogger Stacy said...

He is such a good looking soldier. Those smiles are wonderful. I can't wait to see my son smile in person.

I am so glad to finally see pictures of son and mom posted.

I too leave my internet on most every night just in case my son needs something, and it is right by my bed. I don't care what time of the night it is, I will gladly chat with him.

Tell your guys that packages will be on the way first of next week from the Mississippi folks.

 
At 7/22/2005 7:53 AM , Blogger Rachelle Jones said...

good looking kid ya got there, you aren't bad yourself!!

I am sure someone is making him smile daily over there....they have to keep each other going.

Glad you were able to get some more packages off!!

 
At 7/22/2005 9:17 AM , Blogger Melinda said...

Handsome, handsome, handsome!! But, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree...already told you how fabulous I think you look!! :)

Glad you heard from him--hope those boxes are moving fast!

 
At 7/23/2005 7:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy I found your blog! I have just spent the last hour reading through your entries, and more than a few times have laughed, cried, and nodded in agreement.

Our son is in "the sandbox" too. We had him home on leave for two glorious weeks in May. Having to say good-bye again was excruciating.

Your son is so handsome, thank-you for sharing that beautiful smile. I asked our son just the other day (he IM's whenever he can too) to send us some pictures so we can see that handsome face of his again!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home